Sold per Foot
Documents & Downloads
Documents & Downloads
A compression seal for adhering to steel door frames. Can be used on swinging and sliding door applications.
- Seal begins compressing at 1/4". Compresses to seal up to a 1/16" gap.
- Available in black, clear, dark brown, gray, tan and white.
- S88 is available in 17, 18, 20, 21, 25, 30, 204 and 510 ft. coils.
- SiliconSeal is extruded from high-temperature silicone; effective between -58°F and 450°F.
- Self-extinguishing and non-toxic. Unaffected by sunlight, ozone and ultraviolet rays.
- Impervious to fungus and mildew; will not deteriorate under normal exposure.
- Meets FAR 25.853 Airworthiness Standards for Compartment Interiors.
- Smoke tested in accordance with UBC 7-2 and UL 1784-01; meets the requirements of NFPA 105 "Standard for the Installation of Smoke Door Assemblies and Other Opening Protectives".
- S44, S77 and S88 are air infiltration tested in accordance with ASTM E-283-04. Air infiltration is only .09 CFM / ft of crack.
- Category B - Doors - additional edge sealing system required - see Category G. Requires Category G system with gasket for fire and possibly smoke.
- Category G - Edge-Sealing Systems - systems that are surface applied to frames or doors and required for Category B doors.
- Category H - Gasketing - Smoke and draft control for positive pressure openings. Recommended products are PK33, PK55, S44, S88 and S773.
- Category H gaskets for use with listed steel frames and/or classified steel covered composite, hollow metal doors rated up to and including 3 hours; wood and plastic covered composite doors rated up to and including 1-1/2 hours; and wood core doors rated for 20 minutes without hose stream. When applied to the door and frame assembly in accordance with the manufacturers installation instruction, the assembly will comply with UBC 7-2 (1997) part II.
- Category J - Doors - gasketing that has been tested on a positive pressure fire door and frame but is not required for the door to obtain its fire door rating. Category J gasketing does not negatively affect the rating on a positive pressure door.
- Category J gaskets for use with listed steel frames and/or classified steel covered composite, hollow metal doors rated up to and including 3 hours; wood and plastic covered composite doors rated up to and including 1-1/2 hours; and wood core doors rated for 20 minutes.
- Category G
- Storage and shelf life: All adhesive gaskets have a limited shelf life. This product must be used within 6 months of purchase and must be stored between 50 degrees (F) and 100 degrees (F). For further notes/details, please see Adhesive Gasketing section.
This is a pemko product.