1501 Swing Door Operators, Heavy Duty and Extra Heavy Duty
Designed for use on either single doors or pairs of swinging doors, these operators provide reliable door control under heavy usage conditions. The Number 1501 operator is used one per door, and is available in 1/2 and 1 hp sizes for either single or three-phase current. Three-phase current is highly recommended for best all around operation.
For doors opening "in", the operators are mounted to the face of the door. For doors opening "out", they should be mounted to the lintel above the doorway. For installations with insufficient headroom, the operator can be mounted to the outside face of the door with a weather-resistant cover (optional extra).
The doors are operated by a sturdy, simple crank and connecting arm movement using the harmonic motion principle for smooth, gradual starting and stopping.
A safety friction disc clutch drives the crank arm and helps protect doors, motors and others mechanisms from damage in case other door comes in contact with an obstruction. Door travel is controlled by automatic limit switches. When the doors are in a closed position, they are automatically locked. Manual operation is provided by a pull chain emergency release.
- Correct speed for efficient, safe door operation
- Instantly reversing ball bearing motor with reserve power
- Heavy duty safety clutch to protect personnel and equipment
- Precision built limit switch, with silver to silver contacts, for exact control of "open" and "close" limits
- Top-quality cut gears that operate in a bath of oil
- Harmonic arm action assures smooth, gradual starting and stopping action...an exclusive Crown Industrial "Aut-o-doR" feature
- Top, NEMA-rated, reversing starter with double break silver to silver contacts--115 volt control circuit...with overload and under-load protection...in steel cabinet with padlock attachment
- Sturdy, reliable emergency release for manual operation
- Optional selection of controls to give custom door control